Thursday, June 15, 2006

Pump Up The Volume

I didn't get a chance to workout at lunch so slid out of work at 5:20 to get in a bike ride tonight. It ended up being a pretty good ride even though the wind was a pain in the ass. It could have been worse though - based on the dark clouds overhead it should have been pissing down rain. Luckily, I only got a few sprinkles.

I love the extended daylight during the summer hours. I finished my ride at 8:40pm and could have probably been out there another 15 minutes without any problems....well, maybe it would have been a bit sketchy but still there is the possibility of getting in some solid bike rides during the week without having to skip out on any work responsibilities *nice*.

My legs are holding up okay based on the quick increase in volume. My training hours were approx. 18.5 last week. I was surprised that I hit 18+ since my training has been pretty spotty in the last month. Hoping there is some residual base from years past so that my body can handle the quick jump. We'll see - I plan on keeping it rolling up until the Pac Crest 1/2 IM. I'm not planning on tapering at all since I need to stuff as much aerobic volume into my system before August / IMC. I did feel a bit fatigued while pushing in the wind or on any false flats today. I'm hoping to get to bed tonight before 12:30 to work on that recovery!;-)

Bike Stats
2:25 Total Time
46.6 Miles
19.1 MPH Ave
135 HR Ave

*Peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

Good way to bail out on work and get some training done :)

12:30? Geez that's late to me :). I do my best to hit the sack ASAP. With training though, that ain't too much of a prob. i am pretty beat by the time i head home.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

I'm surprised at the 12:30 too! Geesh, by that time I'm probably on my 5th dream already!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The daylight hours help with motivation. Now, if the weather would improve as well we'd be in good shape. Of coure then I would be complaining that it is too hot outside.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm totally loving the summer daylight here too. Up in MN, we only get about four months of decent weather. :/

18.5 hours last week! Solid!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home