Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fear Is A Great Motivator

It's starting to get easier to get out for the workouts lately. The voices in my head didn't even protest too much when I finally laced up the kicks for a run at 8:15pm tonight. Before I would have just vegg'd out but nothing like a little fear to jump start your training. Ironman Canada is like a big monkey on my back right now and I have roughly 2 months of solid training and a taper before the race so I need to make the most of the little time I have. I am planning on training right through the Pac Crest 1/2 Iron race on 6/24 so should be interesting. Hopefully I am not too shelled to put in a semi-respectable finish time.....we shall see.

Lunch today consisted of me gravitating to the very bad section in our lunch cafe where all the good and fried food reside. I ordered a philly cheez "with" and fries....my arteries are not happy. It did provide some extra motivation for my swim though. My arms were definitely feeling it post swim....shaking a bit....eek!

Swim Stats
54 minutes Total Time
3000 Yards Total
1 x 2000 Free (33 min)
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 750 Free

The run, post-work, was later then I wanted but I ended up having to squeeze in some stuff off my to-do list...post-run, ended up cooking a gaggle of chicken breastesses so I'll be able to eat dinner later this week without having to go thru a big production.....that is why I end up blogging at 10:20pm....I must break the cycle of pain......plus, my bedroom doesn't have any curtains (just blinds) and the sunlight has been waking me up at 5 EFFIN 30.....is that annoying or what!?!?....at least it is when you are hitting the sack after 12pm.....Ok...enough of being a whine-baby...

Run felt gooood

Run Stats
1 Hour Total
7-8'ish
Rolling Course
156 HR Ave


Tip for those with I-tunes / Ipod....play it in shuffle mode once in awhile....really cool when a great song pops up that you haven't heard in ages....can take you back to another place hearing a song sometimes.....great if you have a huge library of music.....on the other hand, some stuff will have you scratching your head as to why it is even in your collection.....good times

You've all probably caught this video but still worth a second look if you have 6 minutes to spare...that white boy can move....

*Peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Mike, I don't have an ipod, but I was listening to Dee Snyder's House of Hair last Sunday and he was playing all these heavy metal songs from when I was in high school; Ratt, Poison, Warrant, Cinderella, etc.

Great video too. The guy reminded me of something that Jack from Will and Grace would do - just not for 6 continuous minutes.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

I don't have curtains in my window too.

Yes it is ignoring to get up at 6 in the morning when u need tons of sleep.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Is there any other way to order a cheesesteak?

My parents are visiting from Philly next week - maybe they can box one up for me...

1:27 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Cheesesteak? AND fries? And cookies last Sunday???

Well, if you keep eating like that for the next couple of weeks I have a fighting chance of keeping up with you at Pac Crest!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home