Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Excuse My Absence

Well i'm happy to report that i'm still alive and well. Unfortunately, the days seem to be ticking off faster then I can keep up. No time for blogging which has been a major bummer- I miss keeping up to date on all of your blogs so hopefully things will turn around here soon. It has alot to do with timing......an area that I seem to lack even a smidgen of anything resembling good luck! Just a really busy time and I just seem to keep piling it on. On top of that, I'm currently between internet providers so my free net time has been limited. I'm currently stealing a wireless connection on my work laptop from my "generous neighbors". I will correct all of this in the next week.

On the fitness front, trying to maintain some damage control but seem to be juggling too much at the current time and the workouts have had to take a back seat. I am very afraid of the damage I have done to my aerobic fitness...aaaah!! I have a 4.5 hr ride planned with Steven this weekend so should be a nice opportunity to assess the damage. On top of that, I am doing the Pac Crest 1/2 Iron in late June. Forecast is for me to get a thorough ass kicking...sprint distance, maybe oly distance races you can pretty much fake your way thru....1/2 iron distance and longer, not so much......what can I do in the next 3 weeks to limit the damage....hmmmmm. Most likely will just train thru the race without a taper since I don't think it is possible to taper from a state of inactivity.

Also- noticed and I think Tammy mentioned that my profile is loading at the bottom of my blog. Damn, I didn't even touch it and it's broken......*sigh*

Keep it rolling.....

*peace*

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have had to do my share of damage control over the past months and am hoping that I have finally crossed over to the other side with my training. I'll be interested to hear how things go after the long ride.

Hope ya get things all squared away soon.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

GUH! Isn't damage control the worst? It is what it is and come race day it will be more than it is today which will make race day easier than it would have been today. Hope life gives you a little break soon.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

The profile problem is a pain too.

I use firefox and the layout is fine. But in IE, the profile drops down. I only fixed it by getting a new template.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I don't know if I'm rolling as much as I'm stumbling around hoping to make it to my destination! I feel you on life being KILLER busy. I'm going to crawl under my desk and take a nap now...

10:47 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Welcome back to Blogland, Mike.

See ya Sunday!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Don't worry about the time off. You'll bounce back quickly. It may have even done you good. I rarely plan R&Rs lately b/c they happen of their own accord.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I have no doubt you'll be right back into the swing of things. Real life just sometimes gets in the way--it happens, but we're addicted, so we get right back on the horse.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

You'll bouince back before too long - it's not like you haven't been there before. Hope your bike ride went well.

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home