Friday, May 12, 2006

Forecast Looks Good

Tomorrow's weather forecast is calling for a high of 71 deg with 0% chance of rain. A bit chilly in the am but I'll take it. Those conditions warrant some solid training and I plan to rip off a chunk tomorrow with Steven. We should get in a solid ride and a possible run after. He seems pretty confident regarding the brick run after so I guess I shouldn't "forget" my running shoes tomorrow.

Looking forward to a great ride with a ton of hills- Ready, Steady. Go!

Thursday, was a strange day. I didn't get a chance to workout at lunch due to an outlook calendar stuffed with meetings. *sigh* Post-work, I joined a group of friends for a dinner that had been re-scheduled several times. I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to skip it again. It ended up being a good time so glad I went.

Fridays are always great....a little more relaxed at work...anticipation of a great weekend ahead...I had a nice easy run at lunch ...a bit later so was nice to loop the campus several times with just a few runners.

Run Stats
6 Miles Total
46:12
3 x 2 mile loop
15:27
15:29
15:16

Post work, I ended up at the gym for a swim. It was struggle actually heading to the gym when I really wanted to drive as fast as possible the other way. I am not feeling the swimming lately...or I should say in the one swim I had recently. In one month of skipped swim workouts I have gone from cruising through some steady workouts without any arm/shoulder fatigue to almost falling apart during a 2500 yrd workout. NOT GOOD

If you have built up anything resembling swim endurance, make sure you do the maintenance work. It sucks to start from square one. Well probably not from scratch but I was definitely having to make an effort today. It was all the worse because I was sandwiched between two gals who were seriously kicking my ass. They would usually leave me in their wake even though I would try to hug the lane line as they passed and try to get some weak draft...it wasn't happening. I knew I was done when the gal on my left was passing me while doing the backstroke. I almost reached out and grabbed her legs but I'm sure she wouldn't have seen the humor in that. It's ok though...just a few more workouts under my belt and I should be back to my semi-mediocre form. I did get a couple pair of new jammers though....no threadbare moons being thrown out by me in the pool....trust me, that's a good thing.

Swim Stats
3000 yrds
1:01 Total Time
3 x 500 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
2 x 500 Free
1 x 250 Drills

Turn it on this weekend people- have a gooder!

*peace*

3 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

"a bit chilly in the AM" Mike, you're starting to sound like a fair weather triathlete.....let me look that up in the dictionary. Oh yes, here it is...synonym: pedestrian. ;)

Really though, hope the weather is nice for you. Those of us on the East Coast won't be so lucky.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ouch Habeela...I swear my skin is getting thicker up here in Oregon!!
Rain is no longer a deal-breaker on the outdoor training anymore...if it was, I would rarely get a chance to raise that heart rate!
Hope your weather turns around for you.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I feel your pain. I get passed my girls have my height and weight all the time in the pool. And I actually have some background in swimming. :/ They sure grow them fast these days...

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home