Friday, April 28, 2006

Embrace It

You gotta love the change in weather and the endless possibilities it brings. Today we hit the 80's for the first time this year. It definitely felt foreign but, coupled with the beautiful day, I will take this kind of weather anytime. The Oregonians definitely embrace the good weather and I like that. The talk turns to lunch time workouts...running / cycling etc.....Noone taking it for granted which is the way it should be with all things, not just the weather.

"I want to live where soul meets body and let the sun wrap its arms around me...."
DCFC
**Yes**

I went running at lunch and it was definitely "work". I am not feeling it right now in the running dept.- definitely pushing the doo-doo miles at the moment. You know that feeling when you are in the groove....just clicking off the miles, feeling smooth....effortless? Well, I am the opposite of that right now.....ugh. I took a loop off the campus and through the Tualatin Nature Preserve. I was only running 8's but my heart rate was definitely elevated.....I saw it hit the 170's at certain points...it probably didn't help that I ran at around 1:30pm when it was pretty darn warm. I can't blame it all on the weather though since I felt the same way earlier in the week. I am hoping it'll turn around here soon.

Run Stats
40 Minutes Total
5 miles
164 Ave HR Z2

One nice thing about my current job is that I could burn all my suits , dress shirts, ties, etc. We do not have any dress code to speak of so you never know who you might be dealing with...that tattoo'd, spike-haired guy in the baggy jeans and T could be a VP.....it took me awhile to embrace the whole super-casual dress code but once I started, I'd hate to go back. This week there has definitely been a shift with the warmer weather...more and more people wearing shorts and flip-flops to work. I've been there over a year now and that still catches me off-guard sometimes. It's all good though.....bare that skin people!!

Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? Training? Not training? Whatever you do, do it with passion...continue to make your adventures happen!

*peace*

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Our office is a mixed bag for dress code. We have the code guys on one side who show up in almost anything. One guy has more piercings then I want to know and then on my side of the office as we meet with clients & such they expect us to gussy up. Thankfully on casual Fridays we can wear almost anything.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I so LOVE DCFC!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home