Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hot Laps

It really feels strange not getting on the bike this weekend for a long ride.....so much time on my hands, what to do??
Tapering is always such a strange deal...I toyed with doing a longer run of around 10 miles but I think most studies indicate that it takes about 14 days for your body to reap the benefits of most workouts so, at this point, really no benefit from going long. I did get out for a shorter run and threw in some intensity. Again, the focus on maintaining fitness at this late stage.

I ran 3 loops of the woodchip trail around the Nike campus and increased the pace on each loop. I was suprised that I was running in the 6's for the last 2miles (granted it was the high 6's but I'll take it). This pace is moving for me but it felt comfortably hard....well, maybe comfortable isn't the right word....definitely felt it on the uphills. It was quite a bit faster then my goal marathon pace. I plan on incorporating some speedwork on a weekly basis thru the year to see if I can get "more comfortable" at a higher intensity.

Run Stats
7 Miles Total
3 x 2 mile loop
42:39 Total Time
Lap 1: 14:48 (7:24/mile pace)
Lap 2: 14:16 (7:08/mile pace)
Lap 3: 13:34 (6:47/mile pace)
1 Mile cooldown @ 8:30 pace

I was surfing around the youtube.com website and ran across some old nike commercials...pretty good stuff. Check them out....

Nike Move
Nike Free - Chariots of Fire
Nike Enjoy the Weather

Here's looking ahead to a great week.....positive vibrations people!

*Namaste*

5 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Nice job with the laps. Namaste - takes me back to my trip to India.

11:37 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Nice splits!
I love Nike commercials. Best marketing guys in biz. I have the early morning Nike commercial up on my site - scroll down to the bottom and click "get psyched."

4:15 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Enjoy the taper, Mike!

It looks like the leg is doing well so Boston should be fun time for you.

And when you get, get recovered, we go biking...and climbing! I've got to get you up Laurelwood before Pac Crest. Get ready!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Love the last two Nike Videos.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Nic- no yoga yet- still on my "to do" list!!
Darrell- thanks!
Hey Buckeye- saw that you linked Bruddah Iz on your blog. He was a big teddy bear eh? Are you from Hawaii? I grew up on Oahu.
Steve- cycling- count me IN!!
Mike- I hope I have enuff hay for 26.2!
Cliff- yes- I love those vids!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home