Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Forward

I love the time change and the promise of longer days.....now if I can just get the weather to cooperate up here, things will be perfect!

I am hoping they fiddled with the chlorine mixture in the pool today because that would provide an explanation for the elephant sitting on my chest during my pool run and shortened swim. I started off with the pool run and right from the start I had trouble breathing- not good! I have heard of chlorine induced asthma so hoping the shortness of breath had something to do with the chlorine in the pool. It got even worse when I tried to swim...made it through 150 yards before I shut it down....couldn't breathe and started feeling claustrophobic...reminded me of my rookie days in triathlon where I immediately buried the needle in the red zone during the swim starts and felt like my wetsuit was strangling me within 100 yards.....not fun!

Pool Run Stats
30 Minutes Total
Felt "hard" the whole workout

Swim Stats
150 Yards Total
Elephant sitting on my chest

Had to salvage one good workout for the day so I jumped on the bike trainer at home for a spin...ended up getting in some good intervals in the aero position. I can't wait to unshackle my tri-bike from the trainer and take it out for some "real rides" once the weather cooperates!

Bike Stats
Tri-bike Trainer
1:15 Total Time
4 x 10 Minute Intervals - Aero bars (5 min rest)

Here's looking forward to a good week peeps - keep it rolling!

*peace*

2 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

I hate those dang elephants that hide in swimming pools. I haven't seen one in awhile, but I know they are there, always lurking.
nice job getting it done!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Mike,
Ouch- time change and morning workouts are a killer. I have a fix- I avoid the morning workout! ;-)
Steven- really strange in the pool yesterday. I checked with the aquatics mgr and he stated that nothing out of the ordinary yesterday so not sure what was affecting me. I felt fine in the pool today.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home