Friday, March 24, 2006

Krispy Kremes and Keepin It Rollin.....

When I got to work today I walked straight into a fresh dozen. It was a beautiful thing. My boss brought in the donuts so I had to be polite and eat one or three or four right? I probably hadn't eaten a donut in 5-6 months so I had a cream filled chocolate and a glazed to re-acquaint myself.....after that all hell broke loose and I kept it rollin thru lunch. Instead of getting my daily lunch of chicken breast / brown rice / broccoli, I walked right by that station and told my man to grill me up a philly cheeze with the works plus a mountain of onion rings...

**NICE**

I followed that up with another glazed donut and after my swim......

Swim Stats
3000 Yards Total
56:00 Total Time
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 500 Free

I had some M&M's.......doodes and doodettes can you feel me?! Can you relate?? It's hard fueling through all these workouts right?

Dinner wasn't much better as I ate a whole Garlic Chicken CPK Pizza...If you haven't tried the Cali Pizza Kitchen frozen pizzas, give them a go...pretty tasty for the frozen stuff (the sicilian is my favorite thin crust).

Seriously, today was not a good day nutritionally (understatement right) but I think you need to fall off the wagon every once in awhile....otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts following the straight and narrow.

Ended the day with a trainer ride with the tri-bike:

Bike Stats
45 Minutes Total
Alternating in / out of the aero bars
All Z1 HR but did work to the upper end of Z1 thru the workout

Here's to eating healthfully going forward....tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. right.

Have a great weekend....with my leg on the mend, I got some coverage for my workouts over the weekend..... Cliff stated that he would hit the hill work for me, Nic is going to cover the long run for me, and Susan said she'd cover the intervals....come Monday, I should be ultra-fit....thanks everyone!;-)

*peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya Mike. I cannot resist Krispy Kremes and I usually figure if I have blown my day already why not go out in style?

1:06 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Dude, I did two extra miles for you this morning. For a total of 16. How did they feel?

Thanks for eating all the junk food for me. Although now I just REALLY REALLY want to walk down to the corner store and pick up my boys B&J...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Wow. When you fall off the wagon you REALLY fall off. But you're right, every once in awhile we all have to say WTF and just go with it.

Hope you're mended soon.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, at least you enjoyed it. That's what matters. I LOVE those California Pizza Kitchen frozen pizza's. They are sooo good.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey all...thanks for sharing....looks like I'm not alone in going to the "dark side" every once in awhile!
Mike- when I get an Egg Mcmuffin, I tell them to skip the butter/cheese- a little better for you and you can barely tell the diff.
Rob- we definitely see eye to eye!
Nic- you rocked 16- Nice!! Re: your boys, that is definitely my weakness...always have a couple in my freezer...right now it's coffee heath bar crunch & half baked.
Steve- amen on my leg- hopefully I am back to 100% soon!
JK- CPK- yes! Best frozen pizzas I've had.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home