Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Staying Off The Bum Leg

I mentioned my bum leg to a co-worker today...she reminded me that we have a couple physical therapists at our disposal through our gym....I had totally forgotten about that benefit but immediately jumped on getting the next available appointment....my luck that it isn't until next Tuesday so hoping they can either help me then or that the pain / ache will resolve itself before the appointment. The plan is to eliminate running for the next couple days and *fingers crossed, holding a rabbit's foot* my leg will miraculously come back from the dead for a long run this weekend. I did try to work on it today with the stick and I think it made a difference but who knows how much of that is psychological eh....

At lunch I went for a swim....empty pool for 1/2 my workout before I was joined by 3 other swimmers..all women....I didn't realize it was "ladies afternoon swim day" but I'll take it....sure beats looking at some hairy dude in a speedo cruising by in the next lane...

Swim Stats
3000 Yards Total
57:45 Total Time
2 x 500 Free 45 sec rest
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 1500 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills

Post work, did a trainer ride on the tri-bike alternating 3 minute intervals of easy or big gear with a 2 min rest......I miss the running though *sigh*

Bike Stats
1:00 Hour Total Time
10 minute warm-up
3 minute intervals / 2 minute rest
Alternating Easy & Big Gear

*Peace*

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Sorry the leg has you so bummed out. It would me too, I guess.
Continue to take it easy on the running and hopefully your PT will have you back on the roads in no time.

And if you aren't running long on Saturday and want to join me in a ride let me know.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Better to take it easy now than pay for it later. I hate injuries, though. Injuries are so inconvenient, though!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Mike...yes, the visual stimuli of the female variety is definite preference in the pool!;-)
Steve- may have to take you up on the bike ride!
Nic- I hear you- definitely don't want to pay later!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home