Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Check Transmission Light

I tried running tonight after work but still getting the muscular soreness below the knee in my left leg...very frustrating....after 30 minutes of crappy running I cut the engine. I need to work on this before it gets any worse...good news is that I had a "phone consult" with my friend Matt (thanks bro!)...a PT...he helped me isolate the source of the pain...before tonight it just seemed to radiate around the calf area but I think I've isolated it to some tightness in the muscle that runs along the shin bone......stretching and massage...something I need to make a priority here asap. Enough of my whining...hope everyone's training is going well out in the blogosphere.

Run Stats
Treadmill .5 - 1.0 incline
4.25 miles Total (4 mile run / .25 mile walk cooldown)
31:00 Total Time
.5 mile w/up at 8:00/pace
3.5 miles at 7:30 pace
154HR (Z1)

*Peace*

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the soreness Mike. It sounds a lot like what I have been dealing with on occasion. I have felt pretty good the past couple of days, at least physically, but am trying to back of a bit and then build back up. We'll have to get together for a run sometimes when I'm visiting my in-laws. They live over off of Bethany Blvd. I love to run at the Nike track when I visit and also the nature reserve that is right by there as well. Take it easy.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Bummer, Mike. I hope it is just a minor strain that will heal with just taking it easy.

Keep it easy while there is ANY pain. Don't force it or you will regret it.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

thanks for the comments guys- yes, this whole aches/pains issue is very frustrating to deal with...glad I have swimming / cycling to keep me busy in the meantime.
Hey Rob- definitely give me a shout if you are in the area and up for a run.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home