Thursday, March 16, 2006

This Week Flew By!!

Wow- did this week fly by for everyone out there in blogland too?? I guess that's one of the benefits of being busy...you blink and next thing you know Friday and the weekend is staring us right in the face....nice! Ok...maybe a little premature fridayculation but we are there folks! At least I am close since I am writing this at 11:15pm....where does the time go!?!

Today was a pretty hectic day at work but I did the tuck and roll...crawled out of my dept and hit the gym for a swim. I really need to work on my "sense of urgency" while getting to the gym / changing into workout gear / showering / getting back to office. It always seems to average around 1.5+ hours.....Nike has a pretty liberal workout policy though...if you workout, it is the unwritten rule that you can be gone for around 1.5hours....they do expect you to get your work done and it's not like I'm "working my eight and hitting the gate" so I think it all averages out.....work hard / play hard right!?......it's even better in the summer so can't wait until until the sun starts poking out a little more frequently. My swim was ok...nothing exciting...just got in and plowed through the yardage.

Swim Stats
3000 Yards Total
56:30 Total Time
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 500

Hit the gym after work and was surprised at how empty it was....is there some kind of basketball event going on right now?? ok just kidding but the gym was pretty empty....I powered through another semi-long...hard to stay focused.....time is standing still ....can it get any friggen hotter!?!? treadmill session. Ran at a slightly slower pace today....funny how 15 seconds slower per mile can make a such a difference in the effort level.....not that yesterday felt "hard" but today it felt a bit on the easier side....NOT easy....on the easier side....

Run Stats
10.25 Miles Total (10 mile run / .25 mile cooldown walk)
Treadmill (1.5 / 1.0 incline)
1:15:30 Total Time
.5 mile @ 8:00 pace - warmup
9.5 miles @ 7:30 Pace
.25 mile cooldown walk
163 HR Ave Z2 (run average)

*Peace*

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Damn. You are really fast. This was a not easy easy run? And you did 10 miles on the treadmill? All at once?

I want to be fast. So I ran Yasso 800s yesterday at 7:20 pace. It was kind of hard... Eh, easy-hard. I like your rating system!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Nic,
I'm not fast....but I want to be fast too!
There are a ton of scary fast people out in blogland- very inspiring.
Good job on the Yassos...doing some quick math here...divide by two..counting my fingers....looks like you are shooting for around a 3:40 mary...Boston Q time eh...nice- keep it rolling!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home