Friday, March 10, 2006

Strange Weather Part Deux

I need to throw a shout out to my boy Ryoji- he left me a voice mail asking why I had a big fat zero in the training log yesterday.....one way that blogging your workouts keeps you honest...no way to hide! Yo RB...Run / Swim today- it's all good right!?

Our weather has been keeping things pretty interesting up here.....At lunch, the sun was poking out of the clouds as I headed to the gym for my run today....I was actually thinking I was going to get a dry run in........I was about 5 minutes into my run when I got caught in a hailstorm...WTF!?!
At least it put a smile on my face and some spring in my step...had to outrun it.....right. Ran at a faster tempo for the 5 mile loop thru the Tualatin Nature Preserve then when I got back to Nike, I eased off a bit and ran about 2.5-3 miles at a lower intensity. All in Z2 though...nice aerobic effort

Run Stats
58 minutes
7.5-8 miles Total
1st 5 miles : 35:48 / 165 HR Ave Z2
2.5 - 3 mile: 21:57 / 160 HR Ave Z2

After work, I was going to pack it in but thoughts of the unplanned rest day yesterday steered me back to the gym to hit the pool. The gym is pretty quiet on Friday nights....half way thru my swim, I had a 12 lap pool all to my lonesome......solid swim...just got in and did my 500's and got outta there....planning a long run tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't snowing!

Swim Stats
3000 yards Total
6 x 500 (45 sec to 1 min rest)
53 Minutes

Have a great weekend!

*peace*

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

That's a good pool. Let me know next time u are alone :). My pool always packed with ppl. The second I get in, there is like 4-5 ppl in my lane. Of course, there is always someone slow dragging everyone now. And for once, it ain't me :)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home