Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mill Work

Well....now I remember why I missed so many workouts last year during this period......just entered Q4 in our fiscal year so things are looking pretty darn busy through the end of May....must_not_give_in......must continue to fight the good fight!

Having said that, I worked thru my lunch today....no workouts..*sigh* The missed lunch workout did get me motivated to have a solid evening run though....hit the gym about 6:30pm for another treadmill run...it went ok...not a fan of the mill and time just seems to stand still at times....glad I had the ipod for a distraction as well as one on one races with a couple fellow treaders.....most of them only last for 10-15 minutes at whatever speed I am running plus .1 on the speedo.....not sure why alot of people always choose to add that extra .1 on the speedo...the ones that do it always seem to run at a zero incline as well....I feel like pointing that out sometimes......"Hey, Zero Incliner - You're running downhill!!!!"...not that I was doing any serious incline work myself since I parked it at a 1.5% incline but at least I wasn't running downhill.......pretty silly but any motivation to get through the workout helps.....curious to hear how any of you get through your treadmill runs.....haven't really done any extended runs on the mill but 1:15 felt like an eternity tonight.

Run Stats
Treadmill 1.5% incline
1:20 Total (1:15 run / 5 min walk cooldown)
10 mile run /.25 mile walk
168 HR ave Z2 ceiling
Pace varied from 7:40 to 7:15

Over and out!
*peace*

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

I guess I don't understand why you'd choose the dreadmill over the Nike track? Was it raining? Since you now live in Oregon, I'll give you another one of my mantra's to learn and live and love:

"If you don't run in the rain in Oregon, you don't run!"

Pretty simple, eh?

BTW - I got the TI tape and it works fine. It looks old, but it works fine. Thanks for sending it...

Lastly, what are your ride plans for Saturday? I'm planning on doing an EASY, FLAT, 2.5-3-hours because I have a 15K running race on Sunday that I will push pretty hard. Let me know...

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home