Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Warmer Weather For A Change....


Typically the weather up here in Oregon is a bit on the chilly side so a few minutes of running is necessary to ward off the freeeeeeze....today was one of those rare days where it felt nice even before I started running.....no jacket...no tights...just a dri-fit T and shorts....nice! Since the weather was cooperating, I decided to run off the Nike campus and head for the Tualatin Hills Nature Park. A loop from the campus through the park is 5 miles.....really nice park right in the middle of Beaverton (see pic). Glad I was able to get out today for a run because there is rain on the forecast for awhile....

Run Stats
5 miles
37:27 time
158 HR low Z2

After work, I hit the pool...forgot that there were swim lessons scheduled this evening so pretty crowded in the pool but was able to get in most of my workout with my own lane....I did have to share a lane for about 500-600 yrds until another lane opened up. I guess I am pretty spoiled by always hitting the pool when it's empty - share a lane!?! Oh, the horror. Jumped in...slammed it out and got out.

Swim Stats
3000 yrds total
2 x 1500 (2 min rest)
51 minutes

Did the TV trainer workout when I got home.....did some intervals in the aerobars while watching American Idol.......easy spin during the commercials and worked some intervals in the aero position while the show was actually on....nice way to get some solid work in on the bike.....still kept it on the easier side overall though....Z1

Bike Stats
45 minutes
TV trainer session - Tri-bike
128 Ave HR Z1

I really need to work on getting up earlier so I can fit in an am workout....as the workouts get longer, doing two workouts in the evening is not going to work ....just not a morning person...never have been.....I need some motivation......how do you all get up for an am workout consistently!?!

*peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Ready to go to bed at 8:30pm????

5:14 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Ditto. Go to bed early!

Although, I'm getting pretty good at waking up at 5:30 AM even when I go to bed at 11PM. Items such as laundry, or dinner with friends at night are good motivating factors to help me get in the workout in the AM.

I admire the fact that you can push yourself so hard later in the day. My mind is tired by then!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

It is a struggle for me too. Sleeping at 10 pm is a rarity.

This week I did my long training in the morning. I am going to see how long that will last. I find that though, by training in the morning, I have a lot more time at night to do my stuff.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Sorry not more time..but i can focus easier.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

AM's are tough, but I love a good morning workout knowing my day is now open. But to do it all the time requires hitting the sack earlier consistently too.
Nice workouts, BTW. All 3 sports on the same day!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home