Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Two for Six Dollars


Let's talk about weakness...my weakness.....yes, the twofersix special on Ben & Jerry's ice cream rotating through most grocery stores out there....certain flavors are even available at Trader Joes for $2.59. Lately, I've had a weakness for Coffee Heath Bar Crunch- excellent stuff! It's sad but I usually buy a couple pints a week with the intention of just taking a couple bites here and there and spreading out the madness over time...didn't happen. I seem to polish them off pretty darn quick....I guess my saving grace is that the majority of my diet is pretty clean and I'm getting enough exercise to burn it off.....something I need to work on for sure.....baby steps right!?
Training went okay today....thought about running but felt a little tightness in my right hamstring so hit the pool at lunch instead....went okay

Swim Stats
3000 yards total Free
1:04
1 x 2000
1 x 250 TI drills
1 x 500
1 x 250 TI drills

Post work, I rode the trainer split between the computrainer and tri-bike. Still trying to get accustomed to riding in the aero position....it definitely does not feel comfortable right now but I haven't ridden that bike in ages so it's going to take some time.....can definitely feel it in my hip flexors so will need to start rotating that bike into the training.

Bike Stats
1 hour Total
30 min on Computrainer
7.8 miles
15.7 mph ave
138 watts ave
90 cadence
30 minutes - Tri Bike trainer
131 HR ave

*peace*

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

My weakness is cookies. If they aren't in the house I never think about 'em nor need them, but when my wife brings some home *poof* gone like right now! I hate it.
On your TI drills - did you do a clinic from TI or DVD? I'd be interested in seeing more detail on what those drills are. In case you're looking for a future blog topic!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I follow the 95/5 diet. 5% i eat all the junk I want. 95% I eat is within the diet.

5% usually means a dinner a week. I am saving the 5% this week for Sat after my long bike ride. Beer, nachos and chicken wings..yummy :)...dinner of Champion :D

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Steve...cookies, ice cream, brownies..its all good! Thank God we burn it off eh!? I've posted re: the TI drills.

Cliff...95/5!?! I am probably around 80/20 so no more comments about nachos and chicken wings- I'm not as strong as you! ;-)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home