Sunday, February 12, 2006

Back In The Saddle

I dusted off my cycling gear and went out for a bike ride today.....beautiful clear skies...since those seem to be few and far between up here lately, especially on the weekends, I wasn't going to waste it.....really nice to get out there ....just to get in a zone and spin circles......a bit on the chilly side...in the 40's but with the blue skies, I saw a ton of other cyclists out there today.....everyone seemed to have a smile on their face.....probably a weather induced euphoria... ...no close calls with any cars.......just a good ride.....nice........since I haven't been cycling at all with the run focus, I decided to keep it on the flats which was a good idea....i felt fine for the first 2 hours but the last hour I was in a "bit of a bother" as Phil Legget would say.....the legs were a bit sore along with my arse which was compounded by the fact that I ran out of fuel....forgot that my cycling fitness is not to a level where I can do 3 hrs on a couple bottles of cytomax.......the last 30 minutes seemed like an eternity as I was thinking about how I was going to stuff my face when I got home.....ended up eating some spaghetti with turkey meatballs....yum.......

Bike Stats:
3 hours
Not sure on mileage- no computer on the cross bike
Semi-bonk

I'm back!! back in the saddle again!....peace and good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home