Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day- Let's Run!

A bit cold today but without any rain in sight, I decided to hit the trail around campus for a lunch run.....excellent choice since they just laid down a fresh blanket of wood chips.....my feet / legs were definitely happy with the extra cushion.

Run Stats:
3 x 2 mile loop
Low Z2 with some drift into Z3 fartlek
48 minutes

I followed that up with a spin on the tribike tonight while flipping between the Olympics and American Idol.

Bike Stats:
1 hour TV Trainer - Tribike
Spin with ~ 5 to 6 x 5 minute intervals in the aero bars

I don't watch alot of TV, I have a few shows I try not to miss like "The Office" (love it).....my remote has been sticking on American Idol lately as well.....you gotta love the conviction and courage those people have.....I definitely could not do that (not that I have choice with my "singing" voice)....and judging by some of their voices, they should not have made that decision either but damn, they are out there letting it fly.......nice.
On another note, this Valentines Day, I want to throw out some XOXO'S to Deb....she has always stuck by me and supported me through thick and thin and I love her for that.....sometimes you can get so focused on training and your next swim / bike / run that you can lose sight of what is really important- the special people in your life....I know I have made that mistake in the past and she has always stuck by me......that is huge! I am definitely going to maintain some perspective and balance going forward......training, races, etc are all good but at the end of the day it is just a healthy way to spend your "free" time....don't forget the important people in your life - let's make sure we all acknowledge the sacrifices they make so that we can continue on our silly quest for ultimate fitness! ;-) *peace*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home