Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Missed Workout

You ever have one of those days at work where your "to do" list gets out of control? Today was one of those days for me....I kept telling myself I would hit one more thing on that darn list and before I knew it, it was 2:30pm....I thought about hitting the gym at that point but a little late in the day and still had some work to do.....my point being- step away and take some time for yourself! I should have just hit lunch / gym at 12'ish like I had planned...the work was definitely not going anywhere.....reminded me of last year where I focused so much on work that the missed workouts spun out of control and gained so much momentum that I couldn't stop it.....next thing I know, I was pulling out of IM AZ & IM Canada.....not going to happen this year! I missed the workout window today but will make sure that it's an anomaly rather then the standard, going forward.

I did hop on the computrainer, post work for a short ride. Decided I'd do some hill work for a change of pace and fired up the IMC Richter Pass course and rode it to the peak and then spun down the backside for a 5 min cooldown......good times...

Bike Stats
45 minutes total: 5 min warm-up / 36 minutes course / 5 min cooldown
11.5mph ave
6.88 miles (to top of Richter)
83 rpm cadence
135 HR ave (Z1- was in Z2 for the 2nd 8.6% roller)

*peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger John Nelson said...

Enjoyed your comments. I understand fully what it means to missed that planned workout. Thanks for sharing.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

If planned workouts are meant to be miss....is that mean that unplanned workouts will not be miss? :)

I have that just do one more list syndrome at work too. Not very healthy. Something I learn that sometimes it is better to just move with something ok instead of getting stuck trying to make it perfect.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

11.5mph?? Are you serious? That is way below your norm...so Richter is that bad? Now you're scaring me regarding IMC 07! And then there is Yellow Lake on top fo that! Oh my...

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for posting!
I hear you Cliff on the workouts...I have not really put down a structured plan because of the guilt of missing a workout...i figure right now as i try to get some baseline fitness, I can wing it and just train.
Steve- you won't have any problems with Richter Pass...it is about 6+ miles...3 steps to the hill but it happens early when you are relatively fresh...Yellow Lake is not a seriously difficult hill, the problem is that it comes at around 90 miles into the ride! Just ride a smart race and have some left in the tank when you hit it! :-)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home