Sunday, February 26, 2006

Small Ring Spin

After yesterday's brutal run, I was moving a bit slow this morning. I didn't end up saddling up until about 11:15 which was close to the time I had planned on finishing the ride. Oh well, at least it wasn't raining yet....with the forecast though, I donned all the rain gear and took out the fendered cross bike. My legs were pretty sore for the first 30-45 minutes before they loosened up a bit....I kept it in the small ring all day with the plan to have a nice aerobic ride today. I also avoided all hills except for the rollers around Hagg Lake. It was really nice to ride there today...only saw a couple cars and a couple cyclists...very quiet out there. It was a totally different scene from the trail run yesterday.....as I went around the lake, I got flashbacks from yesterdays race.......couldn't help it with all the course markers still out there to remind me of where we darted in and out of the trail system. When I was exiting the park, it started to drizzle lightly ...not too bad though. I was expecting rain for this ride so was pleasantly surprised that the the bulk of my ride was pretty dry. It did start raining a bit harder for the last 45 minutes of my ride so I was glad I had the rain gear and fenders!

Bike Stats:
4.5 hrs
69 miles
15.5 mph ave
131 HR ave Z1

*peace*

1 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Not bad stats considering you kept it an easy ride! RE: Blooming Fern Hill Road...yes, it goes STRAIGHT up that hillside you see from Fern Hill Road. It is a tough climb. And to make matters worse I generally hit that climb towards the end of most rides so the timing makes it even harder as I have already got miles and miles and hills and hills on the legs when it is time to go over Blooming Fern. You should try it sometime! ;)

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home