Thursday, March 30, 2006

Lucky #6360

I got my race packet for Boston today.
My bib number is #6360.
My F#%$@ shin splint will not go away
I haven't run in ELEVEN days.
I was expecting to taper but this is ridiculous!
I just need to "enjoy" whatever Boston throws at me and I plan on giving a 100% once that gun goes off at noon. If my leg is at 70%....then I'll be throwing down a 100% of that 70......good times ahead I'm sure!

To put it in running terms.....work has been rolling at a 5K pace.....friggen busy! Juggling several projects....I guess busy is good right? One of the projects involves Nike Cycling so it deals with one of my passions - beats working with widgets right?

Anyone pick up any good tunes lately? Any "Desert Island" discs that you've purchased recently? Stuff that just won't leave your current music rotation?

Burning out my Ipod at work but looping thru the same music.....I get stuff on a regular basis but nothing much in the last couple of weeks. Just got the new Ben Harper album (Both Sides Of The Gun)- really looking forward to listening to that but always have my eyes peeled for any good music......here's a list of albums I've bought in the last couple of months in no particular order....some pretty good stuff mixed in there:

Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
"Thicker Than Water" - Soundtrack
Antony and The Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now
Matisyahu - Youth
Jose Gonzalez - Veneer
Ryan Adams - 29
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say....
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - self titled
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
Amos Lee - self titled

Another Lazy Day....Only got a bike ride in....tomorrow is another day to hit it hard though.

Bike Stats
Tri-bike Trainer
45Minutes

*Peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

You should listen to All Songs Considered on NPR. You can even listen to concerts that came through DC at one of my favorite places to hear music, 9:30 Club. Right now I'm listening to a Death Cab for Cutie concert...

I think we like the same music, so you should check out these groups/albums...

The Arcade Fire - Funeral
OKGo - Let's Go
Belle & Sebastain - Any of 'em!
The Strokes - Is This It
The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics (comes out on Tuesday but you can pre-order on iTunes and get The Yeah Yeah Yeah song, which I've had on repeat lately...)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess you are taking the super taper approach to Boston. Enjoy the experience no matter what happens. I am sure it will be amazing. I was hoping to go this year, but since it fell on Easter weekend and I could not take my wife and 4 kids I decided to opt out this year and run it next year. Take in all the history for me.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I love the line about 100% of 70. Go for it.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Mike / Nic- very cool on the music. I've been meaning to pickup The Bravery. Re: the male vocalists Blunt / Powter- if you like them, give Ray Lamontagne & Jeff Buckley a listen if you haven't already..both great.
Got both the Strokes albums..good stuff and also alot of Belle&Seb older ep's more good stuff...will definitely check out the others- thanks!
Rob / Darrell- thanks...i've moved my expectations down a tad for Boston but will definitely enjoy the experience!

8:02 PM  
Blogger David said...

Just ran across your blog. Man, I feel your pain. I struggled with shin splints (MTSS) for years, like 30. Finally finally rid of them, I think. Of course, now I've got some quad/ham/adductor issue. I know the feeling well, worry -- run and make it worse, or don't run and lose fitness and go crazy. Btw, I think Oregon rocks, ran on my brother in law's Nike Hood to Coast team last year, it was awesome. Beautiful out there.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home