Saturday, March 25, 2006

Blogged Inspiration

When I started this blog in January I just assumed it would be a nice tool for me to track my workouts. I never expected to get "hooked" on the whole process and fuel my own workouts by tracking the workouts of everyone out in the blogworld. Often, I find it difficult to try and relate this whole lifestyle to others who don't "get it"...who think I'm nuts for "wasting" a day running 20 miles or cycling for 5 hours......

but that's okay...because you all get it....

I love reading about your workouts...the struggles...the good times and bad...what motivates you....so keep it rolling.......I am inspired...everyday

Although it is hard to hear how well everyone is running right now when I know that I need to back it off a bit....tested my leg for a short bit and the ache is not as pronounced as it was 3-4 days ago so that is good news but I am going to be patient....I will probably need to move my goals down a notch at Boston but that's ok....

Since I couldn't run today, I went for a longer bike ride (I was looking for you Steven- but just read that you cut it short today).......the weather cooperated for the first 3 hours but then the skies opened up with a few minutes of angry hail before it started raining for the last 2 hours of my ride...actually didn't mind the rain at all....just got into a rhythm and moved along....hit some hills today....rode up Bald Peak Mtn and then a loop around Hagg Lake before heading home....overall a nice *wet* training day.

Bike Stats
5:10 Total Time
81 Miles
15.6mph Ave
140 Heart Rate Ave (Z1)

**Every breath is a gift** Don't forget that....be safe out there!

*peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

I wished I had known you were riding long today I would have joined you! I just wussed out and ran today instead hoping for better weather tomorrow.
Maybe next weekend...

11:31 PM  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

Wow, good workout!!! I'll be riding indoors today..perhaps the last time in a long time!!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I'm grinning for you. Glad to help with the motivation. This "movement" is hard to explain to people, though, isn't it? Some times I wish everyone would get on board, but I also like having my own personal outlet...

Oh, and I took a spin class today. Thought it would be good to flush out my legs after yesterday. One of these days, though, I'm going to buy a bike!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Steven / Shelley- can't wait for a couple months here where the weather won't be a concern- where's that sun!? Looks like you made the right call today Steven.
Nic- cycling is great recovery for the legs...not to mention a great alternative if you are dealing with ...uhh running "issues".

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home