Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Portland = Ichiban!

It's funny but I'll talk to friends who live in SoCal and after the typical back and forth, yada yada yada...invariably the subject turns to my move up to the Portland area and how I like it up here.....after I mention *again* that I love it up here.....they'll give me the "no, seriously- how is it up there?" "How do you deal with all that rain?"

They need to take a look here.....Portland*, Oregon rocks!

(*Ok, I'm actually in Beaverton but it's only 8-10 miles from Portland so we're cool by association right??)

I'm drawn to the whole Pac Northwest groovy, feel good, positive vibe..it's great....I've always loved it up north....even in California, I loved the time I spent living in Monterey/Pacific Grove.....Surfing in Santa Cruz....aaah good times....not a big fan of the concrete jungles out there....

But on the flip side- i'm sure that there are people who would hate it up here......variety is the spice of life eh....otherwise it would get boring real quick!

Had a monster day at work today which also included a 2 hour lunch getting lost in the maze of one-way traffic in Portland.....that part of Portland I can do without! ;-)

Training Stats
One Large Golden Goose Egg
Zilcho

Hope some of you had a chance to get out today and raise your heart rates a bit!

Almost forgot- my appt. with the PT was great! Cathy diagnosed it as shin splints...so much for my self diagnosis. Much different then the shin splints I have had in the past but she gave it some ultrasound followed by some electro-stim and ice. She also did some range of motion work on my legs and told me that I really need to start incorporating some stretching into my routine (definitely a weak spot for me). One of my problems is very tight hip flexors along with the rest of my stiff legs....definitely need to give the yoga a go go at the gym!

*Peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Mike, my wife and I actually flew into Portland for our honeymoon. Then we rented a car and drove to Mt. St. Helens, down the coast to Coos Bay and up through Eugene. We even went out to the Nike Campus - very impressive. I love that area of the country.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I have hip flexor issues, too. And I'm obsessed with yoga. After a few rough days of being really tired, I woke up feeling pretty good this morning. So no running today, but definitely 90 minutes of Bikram. I can't wait! Give it a shot - it's a great workout.

"No yoga, no peace... Know yoga, know peace!"

Also, I really need to visit Portland soon!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hey Mike,
I've been wearing orthos for years and the PT checked them out- still in good shape.
"Zeke"- cool that you honeymooned out here and visited Nike to boot- sounds like you did a circle of Pre's haunts!
Nic- darn hip flexors..*grumble*. I'm committing to some yoga with a gal here in my dept...gotta work on that flexibility.
Bikram- now that is a serious workout..love the hot stuff!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Yep, we drove by his parent's house, saw his grave and the accident site, etc. Of course we threw in a couple of winery tours too keep my wife interested.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home