Saturday, April 08, 2006

Short Run And That Is All.....

Hope everyone is enjoying this weekend. I had a late afternoon appt. that forced me to skip my workouts yesterday. It was only going to be a short run anyway.....I may continue to swim here in the next week but will try and give this race a proper taper in the last week without too much cross-training in the form of cycling & swimming.

I was surfing around my fave blogs and saw that Zeke had posted a link (unfortunately a broken link) to Pre racing the mile. Sorry to steal your thunder Zeke but you can see the video here. Not the best quality but pretty exciting watching Pre take the lead early, in typical fashion, and hold off the late charge from the milers.

Pre Lives.....gotta represent



My legs felt pretty good today....ran a 5 miler over a course with some rollies....hurt on the hills but those endorphins sure feel good post run! :-)

Run Stats
5 miles
33:41 Total Time
6:45 min / mile pace
172 HR Ave

*Peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Dude, You are amazing. 5 miles in 33:41? If I wasn't sore from my run today, I would bow down to you.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet time on the 5 miles. I am trying to get some faster runs like that as well. Right now I have been sticking with 3 milers while my mileage is low.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks all....yes, running a 5 miler at this pace isn't too bad....just wish I could run 26 miles in a row at that pace! ;-)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Don't feel bad about stealing my thunder. Thanks for posting the other Pre stuff. Pretty cool.

Nice 5 miler!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home