Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Buried

It has been a crazy couple of days....I've been buried at work.....my "to do" list has been neglected as I try to keep up with the never ending distractions / interruptions. I returned from lunch today and had over 40 unread emails in my inbox.....sometimes I get the urge to just delete everything and start over...never have given in to that urge though! ;-) I don't even want to talk about my outlook reminders.....*sigh*

On a positive note, I finally unshackled myself from my desk at 7:30pm and headed to the gym. I walked out of the gym at close to 8:45pm and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of any chill in the air....just jeans and a tshirt and I was feeling fine. You gotta love the change in seasons....I can't wait.......warmer temps and sun...bring it on!

Run Stats
Treadmill Yassos
38 Minutes
4.5 Miles Total
1/2 mile warmup @ 8 min/mile pace
6 x 800 @ 6:18min/mile pace

Regarding my Yassos- not sure why I am running 3:09's....I don't have 3:09 fitness right now with that little "speed bump" I had in my training over the last month. Boston isn't necessarily a PR course either. I would like to better my 3:29 at Boston last year though. I went into that race with even less running miles under my belt. So I have no excuses. If I can't beat 3:29, I will retire my running shoes forever.

Damn, relax people....I WAS JOKING!! ;-)

You never know what you're gonna get out on the race course right!? I can't be throwing out any crazy pronouncements!

*Peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Born To Endure said...

Did you post your race number yet?

5:33 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Don't be silly..u know u can never retire your running shoes :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do my speed work sessions much faster than my fitness level as well. Post your race number so we can keep an eye on you and make sure you are keeping up with the 3:29 pace.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Why did reading this make me think that one day I'm going to catch you on a run? 3:09 vs 3:40... Look out, Mike! Ha ha!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Cliff- I hear ya! I think I would go nuts if I had to give up running.

Shelley / Rob- I'm rockin lucky #6360 this year! It sounds like a fast # right?

Nic- catch ME? I'll make you work for it!!:-) I've been passed by a lot of fast chicas during races..it wouldn't be the first time! GRRRL Power right!?

Mike- thanks, my leg is hanging in there!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home