Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Attitude Adjustment

I just read through the comments on my last post and realized that I seriously need an attitude adjustment regarding Boston and my "performance" this year. I really don't like to make excuses or whine about any aspects of a race and I did alot of both in my race report. Big thanks to all of you that posted responses- I appreciate each and every one. I'm sure you all had to probably slap your hand from typing a much deserved "shut the hell up!" ;-)
With all the tradition and history at Boston, it really is a priviledge to race that course- I will keep that in mind going forward.
And with every race, you need to take the good and bad....learn from your mistakes and come back stronger.
If it was easy we wouldn't keep coming back for more right?
Let your passions run DEEP!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Aww, but you just ran a marataton . . . you can have any attiutude you want for a while, then you can change it . . . I hope I get that privledge some day! (Besides you always sign off with *peace* and that's so cool)

2:40 AM  
Blogger IMmike said...

Mike, I don't think there is anything wrong at all with continuously asking if we have a better performance in us. (Probably because I do this stuff ALL the time). It's what drives us to want to train hard and improve. It doesn't seem like you failed to enjoy yourself so I personally don't think your "attitude" is bad at all.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and the recovery period before you start training for IMC.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

No worries, Mike. We all just think that you rule. And you know what? We're RIGHT. (I love being right.) :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

First off, !!!CONGRATS!!! on an amazing race. While there are things you would change, you still managed a phenom time. I can only dream of any marathon in the 3 hour arena!

Second, I think you have the total attitude of an athlete - how can I improve...go faster...go stronger...Nothing wrong with that. Just don't forget to stop and relish in your accomplishment! Well done!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Attitude adjustment? There's nothing wrong with recognizing areas where you could improve? How else do you expect to get better?

8:31 PM  
Blogger Whitaker Family said...

A THERMAL? You're an IDIOT! How many races have you run? You call yourself and Ironman, Boston Boy? What planet did you go visit during your injury time off? Sounds like you've got Krispy Kremes running through your veins! No, go back, read your race day post. Memorize it. Put it up on your bathroom mirror. Use it as a screen saver at work. Live it, breath it, suffer with it for another 365. All that potential, all that hard work gone to total WASTE! Forget it, I'm not going to coach you again this year, Mike. I've tried. I've cried. I've lost sleep just thinking of what you could be one day. I'm sorry. It has to end here. You had so much potential, so much to offer... I must turn my attention to another who will do what it takes to perform. Nice knowing you. I'll send the final bill for my services this week. It was fun while it lasted...
Good Luck!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home