Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Living Life....


Do you think I need to put on some weight? I've been feeling a bit light-headed lately. Just kidding....if you don't recognize him, that is Mike Rasmussen...the Great Dane. The shot was taken during the 2005 Tour De France....I have a guess as to why he was spitting guys off the back as he flew up those climbs in the tour....He probably weighs a buck twenty....maybe. Scary stuff for sure. I love eating way to much to ever get that skinny.....that's concentration camp skinny - yikes!!

I am definitely feeling the blahs lately. I ran today and felt like crap....my legs felt fine but just felt queasy the whole time....strange.

Run Stats
30 Minutes Total
4 miles (2 x 2 mile loop chip trail)
Lap 1: 14:50
Lap 2: 15:40 (notice the slower pace? that wasn't intentional!!)
163 HR Ave

I am going to get a major ass-kicking from Steven this Saturday on a long ride if things don't turn around here real soon. I'm just going to take it one day at a time....not much else I can do. Definitely enjoying the blog-surfing in the meantime...definitely some cool cats out in the blog-o-sphere. Guys like Rob...he is going to do the McDonald Forest 50K in a couple of weeks. He invited me to join him.....I've never ran beyond 26.2 so it would definitely be interesting and you can't beat the trails for that. It looks like a beautiful trail run based on the pics from the website. I was seriously thinking about it but considering how I felt for a short 4 miler today, looks like I should take a pass on that one.

I really need to focus on the Pacific Crest 1/2 Ironman in June and my "A race" for the year, Ironman Canada in August. I'm sure I'll blink here and they will be right around the corner. Scary how time flies when you're just livin life.....

*Peace*

8 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

No ass kicking planned, Mike. Just a couple of dudes on a couple of bikes out on the roads and in the sun living life.

No worries...

9:16 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Oh gosh...I was ready to charge over with an IV!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Born To Endure said...

Oh man..that's just sick!!! I loves a man with some love handles on him..:-)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

That's a disgusting pic. Good thing for Ironman we don't have to look like that..woohoo.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You will be back to good before you know it.

I can't wait to get back on the chip trail in a couple of weeks.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

That picture makes me want to go eat a couple of cheeseburgers!

Hope the body starts cooperating with you soon.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I remember seeing Tyler Hamilton without his shirt during one of the Tours. Pretty scary. It's amazing how powerful their legs can be, yet how scrawny their uppers bodies can be.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

hey all...sorry about the pic...I just couldn't stop looking at it. Strange when you consider he is one of the top athletes in the sport of cycling...that whole power to weight ratio is definitely pushed to the extreme in the pro ranks...I'm with Habeela, where's the cheeseburgers!? ;-)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home