Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I Want A Vespa

I just ran out to put gas in my car and ended up paying $60...OUCH.....$3.09 a gallon....seriously makes you consider getting one of these retro beauties.......$60...sheeez

I had a solid swim today...smacked the longer set and felt pretty strong through the whole workout

Swim Stats
3250 Yards Total
54 Minutes
1 x 2000 Free
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 Free

Post-work, computrainer ride. I haven't done a ton of the available courses so took a chance on the "Coors 2 lap course". It ended up being a challenging course with a bunch of rollies / hills and the best feature was that it was 2 loops of a 13.07 mile course so you could race yourself based on your lap 1 time.
I wasn't expecting to be on the bike that long so only had a bottle of water and hadn't eaten recently so started riding on fumes about 1:30 into the ride. Good thing I spotted the snickers that I hadn't eaten from my "Junk Food Loop" last Saturday....I sucked that bar down and all was well real soon....sugar.......it does a body good.

Bike Stats
1:37:18 Total Time
Lap 1: 49:04
Lap 2: 48:14
155 Ave Watts
16.1 MPH Ave
130 HR Ave

*peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Darn..there goes the candy bar I was looking for in my mailbox! Nice job on the bike and in the swim!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Have you tried the Snickers Marathon bars yet? They're actually pretty tasty. I was surprised.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Snickers? :0...

Can you fit your bike on the scooter? :D

7:05 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Snickers is my favorite candy bar. But I've never thought of them as sports bars?

Maybe I should!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Do you find that your Computrainer speeds match closely with what you're capable of on the roads? I have one, but I always find myself riding 1-2 MPH slower than what I would expect had I been riding outside.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Do Snickers rock? Can I get a hell yeah!?! ;-)

Chris- no correlation between ave speed / HR / perceived exertion for the computrainer vs. riding on the road. I think the difference is even greater then 1-2mph or maybe it's just a mental thing for me. I know that if I tried to maintain 20+ for a computrainer ride, I would fry myself real quick!!

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home