Sunday, June 11, 2006

Slooow Start

Today was almost the day that never was in regards to training.....feeling a bit lazy so didn't get out on the bike until around noon. Today was BEAUTIFUL out there...the temps were probably in the high 70's? not sure but it felt great out there.....with an extended forecast of rain thru next weekend, I definitely wasn't going to let the day go to waste.

Before I talk about the bike ride today, I better address some questions / comments from my last post. I am not a candy-bar eating, big-gulp drinking, cavity-riddled fool! Remember, it was a way for me to kick-start my ebbing energy levels (at least that's how I rationalize it!) I swear, I am good most of the time....yes, I have a sweet tooth and thank God I can burn most of it off with training but it's not as bad as it sounds.

Also- sorry for my confusing post-but I didn't eat 2 Snicker bars Steven!! I ate 1/2 the king size and finished it off about 45 minutes later. I ended up bringing the other bar home- it's still sitting next to my bike! Also, with your smoking fast race times, we both know who will be doing the arse kicking at Pac Crest buddy!

Having said all that, my stomach still hurts from the 2 glasses of milk and 6 choco chip cookies I ate about 1/2 hour ago....life is sweet!

Back to my bike ride- I decided to keep it relatively flat today and go out for an easier ride. My legs didn't feel too bad after riding 100+ yesterday but didn't want to kill myself over the weekend. Overall, the legs felt pretty good.

Bike Stats
2:52 Total Time
53.3 miles
18.6 MPH Ave
137 HR Ave

The rest of the day was just a bunch of to-do's....laundry, grocery shopping, etc....I really had good intentions for getting in a run but by the time I could get out there, it was after 830pm and I still hadn't eaten dinner.....*sigh* Tomorrow is another day to make it happen.

*Peace*

4 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

"easier" bike ride = 53 miles at 17 mph! I know I know...pedestrian, right? Well all I have to say to that is "in my dreams!" Way to beat the rain.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Great job on the bike! Don't worry, I don't think of you as one who can't control his sweet tooth..but....ummmmm...that candy bar that's just sitting around...ummmm...want my address??? ;)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Hmm junk food ;)...i haven't had milk and chocolate chips cookies for a long long time.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I think you've gotten your groove back! Lots of impressive training going on.

I love Snickers, though. When I was growing up, I would eat a Fun Size Snickers before my dance performances. Not typical pre-performance food for a ballerina, but I was never a typical ballerina... :)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home