Monday, June 12, 2006

Energy

A ton of World Cup energy flowing thru Nike right now....everyone is either talking about the matches or watching them around campus. The guys in the group next to me wheeled out their TV for the USA v Czech Republic game today. Can I get a moment of silence for the USA team and the ass kicking they endured (3 zip- OUCH)...............................................thanks

Anyways, pretty exciting stuff....I can see why people are so passionate about futbol.

In other news, alot of energy in the Nike Pool today....I ended up going for a swim during high traffic hours in the pool. Alot of the masters swimmers were getting in a workout and they were going hard. It's hard to take it easy when everyone is flying in the adjacent lanes.....definitely had me working a bit harder at certain points. Probably a good thing since I always swim alone.

Swim Stats
3000 Yards Total
51 minutes
3 x 1000 Free

Today was a recovery day so that's all I got.....

*peace*

8 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

What a "recovery" day! Soccer and a swim. The perfect combination.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you are getting back on track Mike and taking a little flack about your junk food consumption as well. I have been a horrible eater lately so I have no room to talk. I need my sweets.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

3K in 51? And that's an easy day?

Must be nice.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Love swimming. It's getting there that's the hard part.

In reference to your last post, what's wrong with Snickers bars? ;)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Oh gosh I need some of your swim energy, my tri is in 1 1/2 weeks and I'm sooo worried about the swim.
Great job on a recovery day!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Dude! You work for NIKE?!?! Can ya hook me up with an undergrad internship next spring?? :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I guess the consensus is that junk food rocks! yes.

Steven- the swim wasn't easy but I figure that is one discipline you can push on the easy days!

Lora- everyone worries about the swim. You will do fine and be on the bike in no time. Believe that!

Tammy- I have no pull in that dept-sorry!!! I think people have killed to get an internship at nike...not sure how closely it resembles the real workforce though since they are given some pretty "fun" assignments while they are here for the summer. Now that I think abut it, I want to be an intern!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

I agree, your recovery day sounds pretty tough. 3000 yards is a lot.

Not even Nike's sweet unis can make our US team look good, I'm afraid.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home