Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hump Day

It's feeling like a Monday but thank God it's Wednesday. I felt "off" the whole day today....I can seriously get used to these 4 day weekends. I'm looking forward to hitting my last serious block of training for IM Canada. I'm not sure what I can pull out of the hat here in the next 6-7 weeks but figure I am going to spend a ton of time going long. Having said that, I didn't do too much in the last couple of days. Yesterday I didn't get a chance to get on the bike until 5:30 pm which limited my saddle time but I was still able to salvage a decent ride.

Tuesday Bike Stats
2:34 Total Time
49.5 Miles
19.4 MPH Ave
136 HR Ave

Today got out for a lunch time run and went for 3 loops around the campus trail. Pretty uneventful run until the third lap when i came around a blind corner and almost got ran over by Dan Browne heading at a pretty good clip coming the other direction. The link is to an interview with Dan by Duncan Larkin. If you have the time, you should read the interview and visit Duncan's blog...definitely one of the better blogs out there regardless of what he is writing about.

The rest of the lap I was pretty careful coming around any blind curve because I didn't want to be known as the guy who ended up having a head-on collision with DB. Although in my defense, I was running on the "right" side of the trail.

Wednesday Run Stats
44:45 Total Time
6 miles Total
3 x 2 miles:
15:13
15:04
14:27
156 HR Ave

That's all I got....

*Peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

That was a good interview, thanks for the link.

Yeah, don't knock over any of those elites there at Niketown - otherwise people will start calling you Gillooly!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Definitely loving the 3 day work week. I'm getting another one next week too. I staying in Seattle to explore a little after the marathon. Enjoy those long runs & rides.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always expect to see elite runners when I am running on the chip trail there, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe I need to run there during the work day. Good luck with these next 6-7 weeks.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

I'll second that thanks for the link....I really enjoyed it.

I'm all thrown off this week too, but I'll take every week with a day off somewhere in it & I'd learn to deal with the confusion.

Have fun with the journey the next 6-7 weeks.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Duncan Larkin said...

Mike, thank you for the compliments.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home