Friday, June 30, 2006

Tagged

By the time I snapped out of my zombie-like state and peeled myself away from my computer at work it was 2pm. I looked out the window and could tell it was going to be a hot one but wanted to get my run in. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do in 90+ temps but I figured it would provide a dehydrative (is that a word) effect and at least nudge the scale the right way.

I ended up running the chip trail around campus for a total of 6 miles before I shut it down. It was hot! Just me and one gal out there and the only consolation was that she looked like she was really suffering out there.....made me gut out another lap when I saw her face...sheez. Some of you gals are tough!!

Run Stats *HOT*
48:09 Total Time
3 x 2 miles:
15:55
16:08
16:03
161 HR Ave

I was also tagged by Habeela.....let's jump right in!

What are the next 5 shiny things you hope to buy?
Alot of wishful thinking here but the key word is "Hope" to buy....If i'm throwing hope into the equation, I'm going BIG!!! ;-)
1. Steeeellaaaaaaah!!!
2. Scott Plasma
3. Flat Panel LCD TV
4. Nike T-Speed Tri
5. A nice toaster or toaster oven - I've been on the bagel train lately

Describe your favorite running shirt.
Love all my dri-fit nike shirts but my fave shirt would have to be my half-zip fitted Nike Pro long sleeve. If i'm wearing it, it would happen to be my favorite running conditions: 50's- low 60's, cloudy and perfect for a long run.

What is your favorite part of racing?
It would have to be heading down the finish chute in the last 25 yards of an Ironman race- the highs and lows of the day, the pain, the fatigue are all erased when you hit that carpet for the final stretch. It truly is magic and keeps me coming back for more.

What are your top three running songs.
this is a tough call...I wouldn't be able to limit it to a "top three" but here are a couple that keep me shuffling along....your mileage may vary.
1. The Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
2. Munich - Editors
3. Touched - VAST
4. Hell Yes - Beck.......Ok, I can't count but Beck belongs on any top three list right?

Pick 2 sponsors.
1. Nike- a one stop sponsor for everything..shoes / clothing/ timing / vision, etc
2. Coffee People - Unlimited supply of free mochas...yes yes yes!!

What do you think about right before you fall asleep?
Typically, it revolves around how I am going to go to bed before 12-1am *tomorrow* or calculating how few hours of shut-eye I am getting.....I need to work on my night-owlish ways.

Ok...my turn....hmmm, who has time this week......how about:
Cliff (he's tapering so should have some time)
Mike (he's taking some well deserved R&R - read his race report if you haven't, great stuff)
Tammy - She's really busy with two jobs but since those jobs are Cycling coach and Adidas Run Leader, I have no sympathy for her time constraints....you be tagged!

Everybody have a SAFE and happy 4th....don't take anything for granted and appreciate your "gifts".

*Peace*

1 Comments:

Blogger Kewl Nitrox said...

Wow you sure are committed. I wouldn't have run at 2pm. Bike or swim, maybe, but run? Too hot for that! :)

I with you on the Scott Plasma - except it is tops in my list.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home