Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blah Blah Blaaaah

The days are flying by this week but happy to report that I'm still getting out there and getting my daily dose of endorphins.

Wednesday almost seemed like a carbon copy of Tuesday. It was 2:15 before I could surface for a breath but I decided I was going to get in a workout today rather skip it and kick myself about it later. It ended up being a short one one, but every second counts.

Wednesday Swim Stats
2500 Yards Total
44 Minutes
1 x 1000 Free
1 x 250 TI Drills
1 x 1250

Post work, I had a long run planned but definitely wasn't too motivated to get out there after a long day. Also, I had just ran a 20 miler on Saturday. I ended up getting it done but it was tough mentally. The legs went surprisingly well though. No, I don't typically do long runs 3 days apart but trying to get myself on the right schedule where I hit the long run mid-week and can focus on heavy cycling volume on the weekend.

I was spinning circles around some pretty desolate farmland up here and dodging the occasional car. I'm really glad I had my Ipod to keep me company......REALLY GLAD.

Wednesday Run Stats
2:28 Total Time
18.4 Miles Total
152 HR Ave

Today, had lunch plans so the big donut in the lunch workout category. I did get in a ride/run post-work though. I really need to work on getting out there earlier. I was rolling out at 7:10pm for my ride. A lot of wind out there so I made it a point to spin in an easier gear into the headwinds / false flats - rollies. I tried to keep it on the flats for the majority of the ride.

I really didn't want to push it after the long run the day before. The legs felt pretty good. I decided to get in a transition run off the bike and after an ugly start the legs came around. I put it on auto pilot and was able to reel off 7:30's for a solid 30 minutes....overall a nice workout. Hopefully my legs won't protest too much tomorrow!

Thursday Bike / Run
Bike
1:30
27.8 Miles
18.5 MPH Ave
133 HR

Run
30 min
4 Miles
148 HR Ave

Keep the love alive peeps!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

That is some serious mileage this week, Mike. Good.

Keep at it...6 weeks and counting!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

you're doing a great job with the workouts. wish I could be that disciplined!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could get in more evening workouts, but 4 kids often denies me of getting out at night. I still manage to get in a couple doubles every week though so I can't complain too much. Nice job getting the workouts done.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Oh, Mike. How different we are! I read that you did a 44 minute swim and think that sounds like an eternity in the pool.

But to you, that's a short workout!

You are right, though, every second counts. Hope you continue to tick along!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

18 miles midweek! I can't even imagine having the time or energy for that. Good for you for getting it done.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

How ya holding up in the heat??

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home