Thursday, April 26, 2007

Going Long

Thanks for all the Boston love - I really appreciate it!!

I've officially switched to the dark side and in full tri-mode right now. The good news is that having done some higher volume in years past has allowed me to jump right into a 20+ hour week without too many speed wobbles, granted the BIG volume is this weekend. The funny thing is that the one thing that is killing me, literally, is the measly 1.5 hrs of weights I have done this week. 2 x 45 min sessions of easy adaptation back into lifting and I am SORE! Yes, it has been a long time since I've moved any plates around. I'm sure it'll get easier but right now, me no likee! ;-)

Re: consistency, all it took was for me to get my plan on paper and all my obsessive compulsive tendencies came right to the surface. You'll have to kill me to miss a workout now thru IM Canada! Ok...get thru one week first eh!? Seriously, nice to have a structured plan though and no messing around this year. That 11:15 at IMC was a big wake-up call last year.

This weekend should be a good one...Steven and I are taking a big pull on the bike in the form of 5 hilly hours on Saturday and I plan on doing a couple loops of Hagg Lake with Jessi on Sunday. You all know Jess right? Did I ever tell you how cool she is? (Hang onto her Tom!) I have been waiting a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get some of these:



The Easton Attack TT aerobar - 350 grams of carbon sexiness. Unfortunately they have been backordered since October'06 and Easton is filling the orders painfully slow (at the rate of 1-2 bars a week). I have been waiting now for 2 months with no end in sight when Jessi came to the rescue. She pulled a pair off her shelf at Triumph and is bringing them down this weekend. They were one of the very few shops that actually had the bars in stock. Yes..basically the equivalent of getting the golden ticket in Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. I am really looking forward to FINALLY getting my tribike dialed in and throwing down some serious mileage.

Can't leave you without some good music....Jeff Buckley *RIP*, truly a musical genius. Scott Matthews must be channeling JB based on the similarity in style. Maybe hard to catch here but more evident when you listen to their albums. Go ahead, give it a go...you won't be sorry.
Jeff


Scott


Enjoy your weekend...I'll be chasing those endorphins. Hope you're doing the same!

*Peace*

10 Comments:

Blogger JeffM said...

5 hilly hours of riding- that's probably going to be almost a century- or more. West side has some great riding areas. Plus the weather's supposed to be great.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

I will be doing a 6 hr hilly ride on my end. Wish I can ride where you guys are..then again i don't think i can catch up :).

Me don't like weight either. But if they keep the injury at bay, i will do it.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

When you and Steven get together, you guys rock!

Glad to see you are now officially in IMC prep and will be looking forward to the updates.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Anything called "attack" must be a good addition to the bike. Happy training!

11:30 AM  
Blogger momo said...

hey, mike, ride hard this weekend! i've already done my long bike for the week and now i'm going to spend the weekend eating us out of house and home. :-)

sounds like you're going to be more than ready to rock imc!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

VERY cool friend indeed! Good for you.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mike,
Thanks for the props! I am more than happy to bring you the bars. See ya tomorrow!
Jessi

6:06 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, that Jessi is in TROUBLE!!! Guess she couldn't get ME some aerobars cuz she used up her employee discounts on YOU! ha!!! No worries, I know people. Easton people. I'm 'connected'. ;)

Belated congrats on Boston. Wish I was there to ride w/you and Ja-Say-Say this weekend. Have fun!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Crash said...

Dark Side??? Really?

6:23 PM  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

20+ hour week?! I think I am too much of a wimp to even read your blog. My mere 14.5 hours ;)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home