Thursday, October 05, 2006

Keeping It Simple.....

*cricket* cricket*

A bit quiet around here as my blogging has fallen off the map...at least I've been consistent in my inconsistency...ok, not a good thing.

Not much news except I'm glad to report that my feet are starting to come around...I have been religious about stretching my calves before / after every run and keeping my arches supported at all times...a bit of drag wearing shoes in the house and first thing out of bed but it sure has made a difference with the plantar fasciitis.

My aerobic running pace (zone 2 or anything between a HR of 158-168) is quite a bit slower than it was prior to taking a month off of training. No worries though, as I know it will come around. I met Steven last week for beers / burgers and we talked about running- fast running, in particular and I know what I need to do......start RUNNING FASTER! But not until I can get my aerobic pace down with lower HR's across the board. I have been running while keeping my HR under 160 (barely in Z2 *and barely moving*) and plan on keeping it there through October.

So that's all I got....keeping it simple....just plan on running as much as I can with the only constant being a Heart Rate ceiling of 160. I figure the pace should come around by the end of the month. The plan is to then start in some tempo and track work in November and beyond. I should be fine..that'll give me November thru Mid January with some speedwork before the February mary.

So that's the plan and I'm going to stick to it. Any of you doing the faster stuff....throw in a couple of fast 800's for me - I can live vicariously thru your training! ;-)

*Peace*

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll try to work my pace down right along with you. I'm not sure if I'll be doing any speed work for another week or so, but when I get there I'll do a couple extra for ya.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Glad the feets are starting to come around, Mike! Keep it rolling easy through the marathon and don't get hurt.

Then in Feb 2007 we start cranking it up for the Big Show in Penticton!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

I haven't even run too much. I just had one run on wed and that's it. Felt too good.

Are u planning on taking any off sesaon? Or are u already starting the next season?

4:39 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

I suggest that a couple of loops through Beervana can add quality to your training runs as well.

I am glad to hear that your foot situation is improving.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Keep it up! You're doing great. Little steps. Little steps.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home