Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Beervana

Sorry for my slacker updates lately. One of my best friends from high school was in PDX for a conference so we used that as an excuse to do some pub-crawling around the 503. I didn't realize that Portland aka "Beervana" has quite the collection of brewpubs. I drank more beers during his 5 day visit then I have in the last year combined. Here's a couple tasty brewpubs:

The Rogue
Bridgeport
Laurelwood

We also closed the bar at Kell's- pretty funny watching my friend have a beer-induced meltdown there. Seriously too old for this shit.....but good times nonetheless.

On the training front...nothing....workouts all seem to be a distant memory at this point but I'll pull it back shortly. It'll be a month since IMC here so I will start with the run focus. I did get in to see a podiatrist but not sure I received the ideal treatment. She stated that she treats Plantar Fasciitis AGGRESSIVELY and before I knew it, I was getting a cortisone shot in both heels....ouch! After getting on the net, post appt, I found that cortisone is often the last resort or at least much later down the treatment scale for most podiatrists.....hmmm.....I'll see how it goes. Kinda pissed that my right foot which did not have any real pain is now much worse after the shot! Also, while she mentioned stretching, she didn't emphasize the importance of flexibility in keeping PF at bay - Fluro commented about the importance of stretching on my last post (thanks for the tip) and I've researched that in the last couple of days as well....got some work to do in that department.

I did catch all the "sub-3" comments on my last post.....holy shite, you all are nuts! ;-) I am planning on hitting it hard but just want to PR (sub 3:11). That might not be in the cards with this whole PF issue though....also, there is a HUGE gap between a 3:10 and a 2:59.....I'm keepin it real, Yo!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

After my last A race....all i had afterwards were alcohol.

Hmm beer sure tastes good.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Mmmmm. Beer. I forgot how good a beer or 10 were.

I put on too many lbs. for my liking though. Time to forgo the good life and get back on it!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I'm with Chris.

mmmmmmmmm.......beer. I love beer.

As for the HUGE gap between 3:11 an d2:59...I don't wanna hear it! I'm going to try to go from 3:06 to 2:56 or thereabouts so you need to buckle down and get r dun!

OK...maybe that is a lot of time to shave...but I'm going to try anyway!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Mmmm... sounds like your week has been more "off" than even mine was! But come Monday, I'm back on track. ;)

Sorry to hear about the foot probs. In my BioMech class we did a lot of research reading on stretching. After all that, I think what we know is that stretching is good for an injury (gets the fibers to line up correctly to avoid scar tissue, etc), but there is no evidence that stretching or flexibility in general prevent injury.

Get better soon, and stay away from "aggressive" doctors :(

8:34 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Cheers, Mike! I fully support your guzzling.

I had pinched nerves inbetween my toes when I was in high school. That was back when I was a pretty serious dancer. I had to get cortisone shots, too, and it hurt to badly. Rest up so you can get back in action!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know how you feel about being too old to close the pubs down. I head out with my friends a couple of times a year and each times I get further and further away from being remotely interested in being out hammering down beers all night. Don't get me wrong, I love pounding down beers as much as the next guy, but I guess I am just getting old.

I hope you get the PF all figured out soon.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home