Saturday, September 09, 2006

Pretty Much Standing Still

Could my blog get any worse??.....don't answer that question. A whole lotta nuthin going on lately so not much to blog about.

For the J. Cash / NIN fans out there, check out the new ad for Air....click on the ads link from "discover a world with a little less hurt"...how's that runner puking his guts out while holding pace....whoa!

I did run on Tuesday (first workout since IM Canada) and felt like crap so wasn't sure how the run would go with Rob today. We decided to meet at the Nike campus for a run since he was in town for the weekend. It was nice to get some perspective from one of the hardcore runners out there.....Rob is definitely in that category and a very cool dude. Running tons of mileage and a Sub-3 marathoner to boot...much respect. When I got there at the scheduled meeting time of 7:30am, he had already ran twice around the campus for a 4 mile warmup! We did a loop around the Tualatin Nature Preserve and ended with one lap around the campus for 7 miles. He did a total of 11 for the day. I actually felt a bit better today but definitely need to ease back into it slowly....overall a nice run and felt good to run with someone for a change.

Run Stats
7 miles
54:04 Total Time

I was feeling inspired when I got home from the run and ended up cleaning 3 of my bikes....drivetrains and all....it ended up taking several hours and was a pain in the ass but well worth it. I have been meaning to do it forever and now it is one thing of my never ending "to-do" list.

In other news, I probably need to get into a podiatrist to take a look at my feet since myPlantar Fasciitis issues do not seem to be getting better. Also, the middle finger on my right hand is still swollen and sore after that bike crash 3 weeks ago - F&@#!! I probably better get that checked out as well....although with the sausage finger I can flip people off with extreme prejudice. Aaah..the joys of injury.

Now for all the cool racing this weekend....Lets all send some positive vibes to the boys out racing this weekend.....Donald is racing the Big Kahuna Triathlon and we got Chris and Al ready to rock at Ironman Wisconson. It looks like the weather gods have finally given the IM Moo athletes a reprieve from the hellish conditions they have had to endure in past years. The forecast is calling for cool, cloudy conditions tomorrow.....fast conditions.....PR conditions. Good luck and Godspeed peeps!

Ooops....almost forgot.....No rain today*whew*!! It looked iffy for awhile but no drops so I'm sure that Steven's daughter had a beautiful wedding today!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

It did rain on me Saturday early morning, but stopped by 10 am.
Glad you had an opportunity to meet Rob, he is pretty great guy to know and talk to. He spoke highly of you too - almsot in the same words. :)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Cleaning three of your bikes? Sounds like you have too many toys!

I am glad to hear that you are once again moving those bones again.

I tend to forget about the day after the race issues, and when I read your stuff, I think I will continue on in blissful ignorance.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

That runner is hardcore, for sure. Very cool that you got to meet up with Rob, speaking of hardcore!

I hope you can get those post race injuries taken care of. It sounds like Steven has big plans for you guys. Come to think of it you are all pretty dang hardcore!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

That is an awesome commercial! I'm still amused that your "standing still" pace is faster than my fastest day. :)

4:59 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Hey Mike,
Get the foot looked after pronto, man. We need that resolved prior to late-Feb 2007 if you catch my drift!

And the wedding day was SPECTACULAR! I loved being The Father of the Bride. It ROCKED!

I'll have you over for BBQ and beers when we have some pics to share...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was great to finally get to meet you and I look forward to some future get togethers as well. Hopefully we can hook up for some longer runs when you get back to some serious training. Later!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home