Friday, July 28, 2006

Slacker Updates

Yes, it's official- I am a blog slacker....I have good intentions everytime I update my blog but then one day rolls into the next and I fall off the map.....again.

Definitely a lot happening since my last update....

FLoyd Landis....what can I say....hopefully it gets sorted out and he is found innocent. The flip side would be horrible for cycling and the TDF....

Finally a reprieve from the "hell-like" heat also....the weekend temps may top out in the high 70's and I am planning to GO BIG....30 days out from IM Canada and all of a sudden this whole race has become frighteningly real for me. I have put together some solid training lately but there were periods in April / May / June where the training was pretty spotty. Whatever, I'll give it a go and if I blow up....then so be it!

Training updates

Tuesday
Lunch Run HOT
45:36 Total Time
37:58 (5 mile Tualatin Park Loop)
7:38 (1 mile on chip trail)
HR 150 Ave

Post-work Bike Stats
1:32 Total Time
29.5 Miles
19.3 MPH Ave
138 HR

Wednesday

Lunch Swim Stats
1 x 3000 Yrds Alternating Easy / Steady
52 minutes

I was dreading my long run all day for some reason....maybe the volume is taking its toll but I was not feeling the running love and made every excuse before I finally headed out the door at 7:30pm....of course my slacker ways had me out running until 10 friggen pm....the only consolation was that it was cooler out after 9pm. The hills in the last 30 minutes also SUCKED.
Thank you IPod for getting me through this long one....hopefully only a couple more long ones before the race

Run Stats
2:26 Total Time
18 Miles
152 HR Ave

Thursday
Post-work Bike Stats
Legs were a bit beat after the long run so took it a bit easier on the bike which worked well with all the WIND tonight. One of the few rides up here where I actually had to do the white-knuckle death grip and wrestle the bike to keep it on the road.....high cadence spinning into the wind and hammering whenever i had the wind at my back....ended up going out a bit too far and was racing the last bit of sunlight home.....made it in at 9:05 pm....I really need to cut that shit out.....not good being out on the roads so late.......and dare I say it?.....it was actually a bit chilly with the wind out there.....triple digit temps are overrated....hopefully we won't be seeing them again anytime soon

Bike Stats
2:15 Total Time
42.1 Miles
18.7 MPH Ave
127 HR Ave

FORECAST CALLS FOR EPIC RIDING THIS WEEKEND.....break yourself off a chunk!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Don't worry about not keeping up with your blog. I think mine is becoming a bit of an obsession. When other people let theirs rest, I always assume they're out training and doing cool things!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

K--time to face your master. Put up post-it notes around your house saying, "One month to go!" to keep you inspired.

Focus...and git your butt out there!! We're all going to be watching!!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Dude, at least you trained in April, May, and June. ;) You'll be fine, really. You've got plenty of time to finish the thing and I can tell for certain you're not going to need anywhere close to the whole time.

Do I have you guys to blame for sending us the 100 degree weather this weekend? Or is it that damned east coast again?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

You may be a slacker blogger, but you're definitely dialed in with the training. Keep hammering out those miles!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I know I've said this before, but I'm just in awe of 18 milers midweek. I'm glad to hear the weather has cooled off a bit.

30 days, now its crunch time. Keep up the great work.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Better to slack on the blog than the training. Have an epic weekend and fill us in when you can.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home