Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrr...................

The Pacific Northwest weather we have been dealt this week has me seriously questioning the rationale behind scheduling a early February marathon. Freezing temps, snow, the possibility of icy conditions tomorrow- definitely not the greatest training weather. Spending 5 days down in sunny SoCal has made the harsh contrast in weather even harder to bear. Sheez, I am getting soft! ;-)

** I know things could be much worse so it's just a matter of sucking it up!**

I have been horrible about updating my blog so big thanks for the few of you who still stop in, I appreciate it. I had a great time down in SoCal- I got to spend time with Deb and my family / friends. A lot of love and laughter...good times.......definitely a time to recognize and appreciate the gifts we have been given.

My running or lack thereof, in the last week is not much to write about. I took it VERY EASY during my recovery week only running twice for a total of 22.5 miles. That slacker momentum has built some steam into this week but I still have a chance to redeem myself and pull out a semi-decent week of running.

On another note, pretty excited about turning my nutrition around. Found some good info surfing the net including J-girl's website. Stop by if you get a chance - a ton of great info regarding nutrition, etc. At least I have been feeling inspired- in a push to get vegetables into my diet, I have started throwing a ton of organic spinach and celery into my breakfast protein / fruit shakes. Besides turning the shakes a muddy green color, the difference in taste is pretty insignificant. As we go full bore into the holiday season remember to respect your body!! I know, easier said then done but I'm going to make a conscious effort. Of course I'll start after the pizza and beers at Steven's house on Friday! ;-)

Next up, I need to start throwing some weights around in the gym and start cycling / swimming again. No off season in my house!!

Hope all is well. Stay warm and be safe out there!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Oh, it's not THAT cold:) Back on East coast it was worse.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came to your blog after reading Comm's rant about the 59 degree "freeze" they're having in AZ. Amusing - highly amusing.

Having said that, I seriously wonder how I ever grew up in the midwest as anything south of 50 makes me want to hide under mountains of blankets. :)

6:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky me that I decided to take a month off from running. I'll be enjoying the warmth of the gym as well.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your semi annual blog postings - just kidding.

Adding spinach and celery to a breakfast protein drink does not sound all that great, so it must truly be good for you.

We are experiencing a real winter over here in Eastern WA as well. Long runs in the snow are not my favorite but hopefully will make us tougher when the spring rolls around (or in your case February).

Good luck on your training.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

70 degrees in Philly today...tough to complain about that on November 30!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

One week down here (and it wasn't even that sunny and warm) can do that do you. I guess its all relative.

Keep it up, reading about the harsh conditions you put up with inspires me.

I'd have to wrap an omelette around that spinach.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home