Sunday, October 22, 2006

Portland Trip For Me Mum

Here's a couple of pics from Deb's visit last weekend with Chuck and my mom. It was great to have them in town and the weather even cooperated with a couple days of sunny weather that weekend.

Beautiful Multnomah Falls....aaaah the beauty up here still takes my breath away



Deb and I with my mom driving the camera....things can get a bit iffy there so glad to have a pretty nice shot! Taken at one of the many scenic backdrops at M Falls.




Me and my oka-san (mom)......can you see the resemblance? Deb always jokes that my mom looks just like me with a wig on....nice.



Deb wreaking havoc in my kitchen (in a good way).....mmmm, bleu cheez hamburgers and beers....tasty. Now that she is gone, I am back to my PB&J's....*sigh*



The Portland Rose Gardens were a huge hit with Hatsu. She wanted to break off a few stems to take home. I tried to tell her that taking even one rose would create a huge problem with the "what if all the visitors did that?" argument....she didn't seem to get it. I did check her pockets on the way out and she passed the test though.



The running is coming along. I am still dealing with the PF issues although it seems to be isolated just to my left heel now. It isn't getting any worse but not much better so I have decided to just go for it on the mileage. This past week I had 6 days of running and got in some pretty decent mileage. Still doing the aerobic shuffle and plan on doing it for the next month or so? I'm still 3+ months out from my marathon so plenty of time for the speedwork. Running everything with a HR cap of 160 (25 beats under my Anaerobic Threshold)

A great quote from the slowtwitch website regarding running and the fact that too many people jump right into speedwork without having anything close to a solid aerobic base:

"Speedwork is icing on the cake....and you don't have a cake"

I thought that was pretty funny. I'm still working on getting all the ingredients on my list so that I can "bake that cake"....the icing will come later.

Run Summary - Week of 10/16
6 days running
50.25 Miles Total
1 x 15
1 x 11
1 x 10
2 x 5
1 x 4.25

Have a great week!

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Habeela said...

Nice pics! Glad to hear the PF isn't getting worse.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great pics Mike. I have not been up to Multnomah Falls for years. Portland is such a great area. Glad to hear the mileage is coming back and you're getting those ingredients ready.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

thsoe are great pics. U and your mom do look alike.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

Nice pics, Michael. I bet the fall colors were nice in the Gorge, yes?

1:21 PM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Nice pics. The falls look awesome. May need to put Portland on my places to visit list.

I saw that slowtwitch post. A lot of different thoughts. I believe speedwork earlier rather than later is the way to go. I'd say you have a pretty good base too.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Steven- those colors were pretty amazing out there- I love it here man!

Al- if you ever make it to portland bring your bike or running shoes- we'll have to head out for a nice one!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home