Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Holidays!!

Where does the time go?! I hope the holidays are treating you all well. I have been trying to stay under the radar myself and avoid the whole stress-inducing holiday madness. I haven't stepped foot in a mall at all so be warned, your "gift" may be a big warm hug this year! ;-)

The running is going well, although the mileage has come down a bit. My mileage barely cracked 50 miles last week but it included a VERY HILLY 21 miler at Hagg Lake, on Sunday, in 2:45. It was a beautiful day- I took this picture before I started my run. You can't tell by the picture but the temps were in the low 30's which made for a pretty solitary run. Not too many people venturing out in those temps and I didn't see another soul except for several cars that happened to drive by. A very nice way to get in some "running meditation". No interruptions, my ipod for some musical inspiration, and groovin' on the beautiful scenery to help numb the brutal climbs scattered throughout this run! *Nice*

On the flip side of the inspirational workouts, are the blue collar workouts. I hit the treadmill for 10 miles tonight. 7:13 pace for 8 miles / 6:44 pace for mile 9 / 6:40 pace for mile 10....punch the clock...done.

I am headed down for a week of warmer temps in SoCal to see Deb and the family on Friday. I'm looking forward to cranking out some solid running miles in SUNNY weather so hoping that the weather gods cooperate. For those of you dealing with serious weather, be very careful when you head out. Mother Nature has strange ways of showing us who's in charge and it's definitely not worth taking any chances out there!

Also looking forward to relaxing with a couple of these and maybe a good book...aaaaah


Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to each and everyone of you out there! BIG thanks for providing me with much needed inspiration in the form of your blogs. Let's all raise the bar and take it to the next level in 07!

*Peace*

13 Comments:

Blogger qcmier said...

Yeah those "meditation runs" are awesome.

Happy Holidays!!!

12:42 AM  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

sweet picture. looks like a treat to run in a place like that. You really pounded it out. Have a great holiday. Mr. Buckeye

5:00 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Keep up the great work, Mike. I'm not sure which I am more impressed by...a 21 mile hilly run...or a 10 mile treadmill run. Both are pretty amazing feats! Have a great holiday.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I remember my first run around Hagg lake...it was October 2004, a month after we moved here. I found real mushrooms and carrying last mile them in my shirt!

And I'll take your gift over others anythime. Why shop? More heart in a hug! Happy holidays!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a Merry Christmas Mike and enjoy any sunshine you get down there. You'll have to make it last for awhile when you return.

That's a nice shot of Hagg Lake. All I remember is the mud.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

I agree with Jeremy concerning the 21 mile lake run vs the 10 mile treadmill run.

I hope you and yours have a great, wonderful Christmas.

P.S. Thanks for the moving Terry Fox link.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You are a monster, Mike.

Just want to say thanks for all your support this year. Yes, let's raise that bar for 2007.

Btw, what book are you reading?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Hagg Lake looks wonderful. Who'd have known it was in the 30's if you hadn't said say.

The Cruisers and I will be at Huntington Beach starting a Brookhurst at 7:30 on Saturday. Do you need a Pac Shoreline preview?

Enjoy your time down here and I too hope the weather cooperates (for you of course). Merry Christmas!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Catra said...

Hi Mike-
I hate the mall. I'm giving out hugs this year too!
Have a Merry X-mas.
Catra

4:22 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Warm weather, coffee, biscotti, a good book, and family? Yes, that sounds like the perfect way to spend the holidays! Enjoy! And thanks for inspiring all of us with your blog.

I know I've said it several times, but the LSD stuff you posted has been SOOOO helpful! I went out and did another LSD jog today - ever so slightly faster than last week.

4:36 PM  
Blogger momo said...

sounds like a beautiful day out there - running as therapy for your mind and soul. enjoy the holiday!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hot chocolate and treats. Mmmmm.
Funny, you went south to SoCal when I went north to NorCal. You're "barely breaking 50 miles" was a funny statement. I was ecstatic to hit 20 miles last week!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, Hagg Lake! You know that in a few months I'm going to be bugging you and Steven to show me the course for the annual Hagg Lake tri...

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home