Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's Official, I'm A Dork

You all wanna see what fast looks like?!




Or maybe dorky based on the reaction from Steven but what the hell does he know right - don't drink the hate-orade just because my helmet is bigger then yours brother!;-) Actually, I will have to commend him on his maturity in biting his tongue today - no comments about the helmet even thought it warranted comments. And yes, that is rain in the pics...taken TODAY. Steven and I were about 5 minutes from finishing our ride and got dumped on. Mother Nature up to her silly tricks...gotta love her!

For my aero inspiration, you only need to look at the following clip...although I think Dark Helmet is wearing a Louis Garneau Rocket since his helmet is just a hair bigger then mine.;-)



Taper is rolling along and full of the typical highs and lows...feeling fatigued but that is normal so rolling with it. I'm still dealing with stomach issues even today on the bike...hmmm, I'm thinking i may have a mild stomach bug. What else could explain it? I've been taking approx 300 cal / hour all season and now i'm having stomach issues with "light" bottles of approx 175 cal. It doesn't add up...hopefully it gets sorted out by next Sunday because stomach issues on the bike = long marathon!

Tomorrow I am volunteering at the Hulaman 1/2 Iron . Bummer that it is right in our backyard and I can't race it due to the timing issue with IMC. Oh well, at least I can do my part by volunteering. I'm scheduled to be out on the swim course monitoring the racers via kayak. I'm not sure who will actually need monitoring since I've never paddled a kayak before. They may have to keep an eye on me! ;-)

*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

I trust that you have some deep pocketed sponsors to help you with all this terrific technology.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Self-awareness and self-acceptance is key, Mike. Stay healthy and rested this week. Have a great race!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Duuuude ... I LOVE Spaceballs! Top 3 comedy ever.

Enjoy your new helmet. You've got the look, now you've got to back it up!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

What great aero inspiration! If you're stomache isn't feeling well drink some plain black tea (lipton for example) with sage. It will calm it right down (it's a good Middle East stomache remedy that I can vouch for).

8:58 AM  
Blogger qcmier said...

Your schwartz is bigger than mine.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

LOVE the 'hat'!! ;)

As long as you have the s*** to back it up, you can wear whatever you want ...

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home