Tuesday, July 24, 2007

No Heroes

What in the hell is going on in the Tour De France!? With Vinokourov testing positive for homologous blood doping and Astana leaving the tour, can the sorry state of affairs sink any lower? Now every great performance is suspect but I guess it's been that way for awhile now.....pretty darn sad.

Edit..7/25
Can the sorry state of affairs sink any lower? I guess so...Rasmussen had his arse kicked out of the tour. The TDF has turned into a circus...I'm waiting for the little car full of clowns to roll out

This lil cutey-pie has the right idea eh! DOPERS SUCK!!


*Peace*

6 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

ha! Great pic!!

Yea, all this doping stuff has been such a bummer on my tour de france viewing!

Last night I thought of all you triathletes on the blogosphere when I watched the Ironman South Africa.

Like, whoa.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It has been a sad state. It seems like the blink of an eye. Have I been staring with my eyes wide shut?

Fans from around the world lower their heads in disappointment. Fellow riders protesting.

But looking homeward, the NBA is in a quandry, the NFL had a horrendous off season and MLB is still reeling. So...yikes, no heros is right.

Tomorrow a new day dawns...~j

1:03 AM  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

Sigh. Everyone dopes on the TdF, it's just a matter of who gets caught and who is smart enough to avoid the tests. guess I am just that big of a cynic.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Mike,

I am with you on the TdF. I came back from Lake Placid and riders getting kicked left and right.

Ironman is crazy fun :). Thanks for all the support. Life is good.

I hope your feet get well soon.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Mike,

Thanks so much for your support during IMLP. Thank you very much as well for your generous contribution to the NBCCF. It really means a lot to me. I couldn't find your email on your blog, so hopefully this comment finds its way to you.

Hope those feet of yours are on the mend and ready to rock at IMC.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Bah,
Vinokourov and Rasmussen were the only 2 guys I was semi-interested in. What a joke. Every time you think the sport is cleaning up they go and shoot themselves in the foot. My interest in TDF is now <0.

Awesome pic. DOPERS SUCK!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home