Sunday, September 16, 2007

Suffering

Think back to the times that you've "suffered" during training or racing...paid a visit to the pain cave...burnt all your matches, etc. Good times eh?

I guess with an Olympic team spot on the line, you take suffering to the next level. Here's Jarrod Shoemaker letting it all hang out, literally, as he crosses the finish line at the Beijing World Cup. As first American, he earned the first USA olympic team spot for USA Triathlon. He beat out USA favorites Kemper and Potts in the process - good on ya Jarrod!



I got in a short run and a trainer ride where I "suffered" a bit for 2 x 20 minute intervals, albeit on a much much much lower scale! ;-)

After the training silliness, I did get around to more important things like watching The Royal Tenenbaums again. With a lot of the crap out there, you have to revisit the worthwhile stuff every so often.


Have a good week!

*Peace*

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm...I think I'll enjoy the laid back life of finishing races rather than competing for Olympic glory. I guess we know how bad he wanted it.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Wow, nothing like a little projectile vomiting to get the finish line crowds excited and pumped.

P.S. That sounded like Nico (formerly with the Velvet Underground on their first album and since deceased) singing in the background of your movie clip.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

Ick. I remember watching Bob Kempanien do this during the Olympic marathon trials one year - after he puked, he threw down a sub-five mile to break the race open. Disgusting, but cool.

So ... USC, huh? I'll try to overlook that in the interest of remaining blogfriends. Honestlyt, SC terrifies me during football season. They're too damn good.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

Wait, you mean those guys weren't doing the beer mile?!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I guess a pictures really DOES paint a thousand words...

Way to be, bro! I hope things got better for him after the race.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

That's suffering! Yummy.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hey there - just checkin' in. Hope all is well... get ride of that PF!!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger JeffM said...

That's a great motivational picture. "You have to want it this bad."

9:08 PM  
Blogger Crash said...

I like how he took that one in full stride - didn't even turn his head!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

You ain't suffering until gatorade comes up reverse :)..

9:07 PM  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

oh my. i've certainly felt that way before, but never actually done it.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home