Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Sneakers Ruined My Life.....

Ok sneakers didn't ruin my life but that mantra is often thrown out,only half-kidding, by the sneakerheads who've spent some serious time and $$$$ chasing their own individual holy grail of shoes. I guess it's like anything else right? You feed your passions. I definitely fed mine as my love of sneakers grew into a pretty nice collection of rare kicks over the years. With the purchase of the new bike, though, something had to give and, sadly, the sneakers were at the top of the list. These are my "Jimmy Choos" and It was a bit tough to let go.

*sigh*

I'll miss them...my babies. I'm now a recovering "sneakaholic" and quitting cold turkey was tough. I still love sneakers though....I'll forever be staring at feet and what people are rocking. But my new mantra will be tied to my new frugal ways! If I can't buy'em at the employee store, I ain't buyin'em anymore!!

But let me give a proper goodbye to some of my faves.....

The SB "Calis" and "Heinys" in the following pic. I'm actually packing them tonight for their trip back to Cali tomorrow. Who am I to stand in the way of a guy in SoCal who just HAD TO HAVE THEM!!! These are definitely in my top 10. Notice a resemblance to a certain state flag and a certain beer? Nike actually got into a bit of legal trouble with the beer thing...in any case, not too many authentic pairs of these floating around although you can buy a ton of fakes on Ebay.



The SB Dunk "Tiffany"....get the reference with that colorway? These have really shot up in value over the last year...just nuts!! Maybe not one of my faves but I like the use of color and the interesting mix of materials. Anyone wearing these will definitely be "breaking necks" as people take a second look at the shoes.



I've ended up covering the cost of the bike and feel good about letting go a bit. Maybe the shoes will end up getting a chance to break out of their boxes and actually see the light of day vs. spending more time in some collector's dark closet. At least I'd like to think that's the case now that they're gone...

*Peace*

7 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

Wow, I have never seen those models of Nikes before. I guess I am living a sheltered life in that I did not know there were collector's models available. I hope they find a good home.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

"Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a sneak-a-holic."

"Hi Mike!"

Are you following a 12-step program of some kind to help you with this trauma? It may help.

You should look into it.

Or you could just stare at your new bike. That may help, too.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I had no idea. I guess people are liekly to collect anything and other people are likely to pay a lot of money to have a piece of the collection.

Hopefully you can recover from the loss.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I have never seen those shoes in my life.

I do like Heinys. I guess these babies are never meant to be worn.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummmmm...I have to say...thank goodness you were willing to part with the shoes, the bike has zazazazu!

Embrace the joie de vivre here, let the shoes be a fond memory!

~j

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those are some sweet looking sneakers. I hope you will be all right dealing with the loss of them. They're in a better place now.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went through the www.dunkicks.com to pick a dunks shoes.I saw nice and beautiful and discount dunks on it...

Did you guys ever pick items on the www.dunkicks.com?
Pls help me...

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home