Saturday, February 24, 2007

Bike Love

Hey...no worries about the shoes...definitely tongue in cheek with that post and I'm happy with the trade for the bike! My bike is currently getting some love at Cyclepath - one of the sponsors of the Ironheads so looking forward to picking her up soon.

In other bike news, I've lined up a SERIOUSLY AWESOME deal on some ZIPP race wheels (Thanks Matty!!!) so just need to decide on a wheelset and pull the trigger. I keep flip-flopping between a deep-dish rear and a disc and don't even get me started on how the 808 front option gives me a headache....decisions, decisions. If anyone has any experience with the front 404 vs. 808 would definitely appreciate the input. I haven't had any issues riding the 404 / Disc on my Kestrel so I'm leaning that way but the 808 front throws another option into the mix.

If you have a few minutes, sit back and let Ben and the Blind Boys of Alabama get a bit of your mindspace on this beautiful Saturday...this one touches me everytime.


*Peace*

8 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

hey, thanks for sharing that video. its been a crazy morning and just listening to their beautiful words and voices put a calm on me. very nice.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Comforting, Thanks.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

Mike,

What's the market like for Zipp 404s? I have a pair just sitting in my basement that I'm thinking about selling. The only have about 200-250 miles on them.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for filling the mindspace and a little soulspace too. ~j

11:48 AM  
Blogger Paul Fleuren said...

Thanks Mike,

I can start posting comments again

fluro

11:35 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Don't know 'bout the bike, but those were weird looking shoes, man...well, for me anyway:)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I've never ridden an 808 front, although I hear that it's definitely different than a 404 up front. It catches more wind on those gusty days. Probably nothing you can't handle, but definitely something to consider.

I think they're both great wheelsets. It'd be hard to choose between them. Although I'd probably opt for deeper in the back. 606 vs. 808 maybe? Or disc? Hmmm.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Mike,

Been a while since I've caught up on the Chasing the Athlete Within blog. For starters...way to kick a$$ in the marathon! Secondly...awesome bike and shoe pics you've been posting lately!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home